The Malta Developers Association (MDA) is the highest body and voice of private Real Estate developers in Malta.
MDA links private real estate developers to the relevant state authorities and to customers through numerous initiatives and activities.
MDA aims at bringing the majority of organised private real estate developers under a single umbrella and act as a potent force that promises the rapid development of the sector in the new decade.
MDA promotes responsible development and ownership of real estate in Malta through legislative advocacy, educational programs and professional networking opportunities.
MDA advances responsible, sustainable development that creates jobs and benefits the communities in which its members work and live.
Its main aims are:
- To provide a central organisation for real estate developers.
- To provide a united front in making recommendations to government on ways of promoting real estate development and in seeking solutions to practical problems in the property market.
- To pool resources together towards greater economies of scale in real estate development and also ensure that members conform to national building standards and planning laws.
- In the spirit of the search for appropriate technology, the Association shall promote the use of local inputs and finance research into suitability of local building materials.
- To liaise with financial institutions in developing more effective development schemes
- To establish links with real estate institutions and allied bodies at home and abroad with the aim of promoting and attracting more foreign investment to the industry.
MDA wants to be responsive, respected, responsible and relevant in partnering with the state and national policies to further improve the quality of life in Malta and Gozo.
MDA Annual General Meeting 2017: Commitment, vision, responsibility
Saturday, February 18th, 2017
The Malta Developers Association is keen to work with commitment, a vision and great responsibility, according to MDA President Sandro Chetcuti when he addressed the fully packed hall at the Association’s Annual General Meeting on 9 February, 2017, at The Palace Hotel, Sliema.
“The great successes and impressive results we managed to achieve speak for themselves,” he said. “My proud boast is that the MDA was the right source of brainstorming and creativity, resulting in many more jobs. I thank you, Mr Prime Minister, on behalf of your Government, for choosing to have faith in us and realising that the proposals we presented to you were in the national interest.”
MDA produces its own TV programme
Wednesday, January 25th, 2017
Propjetà Malta is the title of the new 13-part TV series that started airing last Monday on one of the local TV stations. You can download the link to download the first programme here.