The Malta Developers Association (MDA) is the highest body and voice of private Real Estate developers in Malta.
MDA links private real estate developers to the relevant state authorities and to customers through numerous initiatives and activities.
MDA aims at bringing the majority of organised private real estate developers under a single umbrella and act as a potent force that promises the rapid development of the sector in the new decade.
MDA promotes responsible development and ownership of real estate in Malta through legislative advocacy, educational programs and professional networking opportunities.
MDA advances responsible, sustainable development that creates jobs and benefits the communities in which its members work and live.
Its main aims are:
- To provide a central organisation for real estate developers.
- To provide a united front in making recommendations to government on ways of promoting real estate development and in seeking solutions to practical problems in the property market.
- To pool resources together towards greater economies of scale in real estate development and also ensure that members conform to national building standards and planning laws.
- In the spirit of the search for appropriate technology, the Association shall promote the use of local inputs and finance research into suitability of local building materials.
- To liaise with financial institutions in developing more effective development schemes
- To establish links with real estate institutions and allied bodies at home and abroad with the aim of promoting and attracting more foreign investment to the industry.
MDA wants to be responsive, respected, responsible and relevant in partnering with the state and national policies to further improve the quality of life in Malta and Gozo.
Launch of three-year study on property development
Saturday, January 14th, 2017
This is the full text of the speech by Malta Developers Association President Sandro Chetcuti at the launch of the study by KPMG at the Auberge de Castille, Valletta, on Thursday:
Hon. Prime Minister, Ladies and Gentlemen
Thank-you for the opportunity you have given us, even as a government, to enable us to launch this scientific, impartial study on property development in Malta and Gozo: sustainability and economic value added.
MDA champions for the second consecutive year
Saturday, December 31st, 2016
A team from the Malta Developers Association has won the football tournament, held on 29 December, 2016, at St Aloysius College, Birkirkara, in aid of the Dar tal-Providenza.
Among the eight teams who took part were politicians, priests and representatives of trade unions and the Malta Tourism Authority. Well done to all!