The Malta Developers Association (MDA) is the highest body and voice of private Real Estate developers in Malta.
MDA links private real estate developers to the relevant state authorities and to customers through numerous initiatives and activities.
MDA aims at bringing the majority of organised private real estate developers under a single umbrella and act as a potent force that promises the rapid development of the sector in the new decade.
MDA promotes responsible development and ownership of real estate in Malta through legislative advocacy, educational programs and professional networking opportunities.
MDA advances responsible, sustainable development that creates jobs and benefits the communities in which its members work and live.
Its main aims are:
- To provide a central organisation for real estate developers.
- To provide a united front in making recommendations to government on ways of promoting real estate development and in seeking solutions to practical problems in the property market.
- To pool resources together towards greater economies of scale in real estate development and also ensure that members conform to national building standards and planning laws.
- In the spirit of the search for appropriate technology, the Association shall promote the use of local inputs and finance research into suitability of local building materials.
- To liaise with financial institutions in developing more effective development schemes
- To establish links with real estate institutions and allied bodies at home and abroad with the aim of promoting and attracting more foreign investment to the industry.
MDA wants to be responsive, respected, responsible and relevant in partnering with the state and national policies to further improve the quality of life in Malta and Gozo.
First meeting of Property Malta Foundation
Thursday, April 13th, 2017
The Malta Developers Association has joined the Government in the setting up of the Property Malta Foundation, as set out in the 2017 Budget. The deed of the foundation, which is made up of four trustees nominated by the MDA and four trustees nominated by the Government, was signed on 21 March, 2017.
The trustees are MDA President Sandro Chetcuti, Hon. Secretary Michael Stivala and Council Members Alfred Camilleri and Michael Bonello; those nominated by the Government are Vincent Bone, Peter Caruana, Mario Falzon and Antoine Mallia.
MDA calls for action against rogue contractors
Sunday, April 9th, 2017
The Malta Developers Association refers to a report and video in a news blog concerning the demolition of a building in Siggiewi.
From the video, it is obvious that the demolition contractor is not following an approved construction method statement that binds the owner of any such works on the methods he is permitted to use to demolish an existing structure. Moreover, it is also obvious that no safety precautions were taken in order to protect pedestrians, passing traffic and the workmen on site.