The Malta Developers Association (MDA) is the highest body and voice of private Real Estate developers in Malta.
MDA links private real estate developers to the relevant state authorities and to customers through numerous initiatives and activities.
MDA aims at bringing the majority of organised private real estate developers under a single umbrella and act as a potent force that promises the rapid development of the sector in the new decade.
MDA promotes responsible development and ownership of real estate in Malta through legislative advocacy, educational programs and professional networking opportunities.
MDA advances responsible, sustainable development that creates jobs and benefits the communities in which its members work and live.
Its main aims are:
- To provide a central organisation for real estate developers.
- To provide a united front in making recommendations to government on ways of promoting real estate development and in seeking solutions to practical problems in the property market.
- To pool resources together towards greater economies of scale in real estate development and also ensure that members conform to national building standards and planning laws.
- In the spirit of the search for appropriate technology, the Association shall promote the use of local inputs and finance research into suitability of local building materials.
- To liaise with financial institutions in developing more effective development schemes
- To establish links with real estate institutions and allied bodies at home and abroad with the aim of promoting and attracting more foreign investment to the industry.
MDA wants to be responsive, respected, responsible and relevant in partnering with the state and national policies to further improve the quality of life in Malta and Gozo.
Laqgha mas-sidien tal-barrieri
Saturday, March 25th, 2017
Laqgha kostruttiva organizzatta mil Malta Developers Association. Is-sidien tal-barrieri attendew bi hgarhom ghal laqgha immexxija mil-President ta’ l-MDA, is-sur Sandro Chetcuti. Il-Ministru Jose Herrera indirizza il-laqgha ukoll. Thabbar li gie iffurmat kumitat sabiex jitkomplew id-diskussjonijiet mal-ministeru. Il-membri ta’ dan il kumitat huma Mark Aquilina, Gejtu Abdilla, Pawul Vella, Rennie Scicluna, Mark Bonello u Antoine Vella.
MDA on use of quarries to dump construction waste
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017
The Malta Developers Association refers to the statement by the Minister for Sustainable Development, the Environment and Climate Change José Herrera on Government’s intention to take the harsh measure to expropriate privately owned quarries for the dumping of construction waste.
The MDA appreciates that there has been no direct Government interference on the dumping of this waste for a very long time. Today the country faces a crisis because it is getting harder and harder to dispose of this waste since few sites remain to address this problem.