News

Owners of 70 estate agency offices join MDA

Saturday, February 17th, 2018

Parliamentary Secretary for Planning and the Property Market Chris Agius today announced that he intends to finalise the White Paper on the regulation of estate agents with the Malta Developers association by the end of the first quarter of this year so that a draft Bill can be presented to Parliament.

Mr Agius was speaking during the launch of the Estate Agents Section (EAS) within the MDA, which represents the owners of 70 estate agent offices around Malta and Gozo. Since being appointed parliamentary secretary, he added that he had built a strong relationship with the MDA and was meeting the MDA board regularly to discuss how the sector can grow but also how to safeguard the environment.

Read more »

MDA offering assistance to members when applying for any type of work permit with Jobsplus

Wednesday, January 31st, 2018

Attention all MDA members.

We are pleased to announce that the MDA is offering assistance to its members when applying for any work permits with Jobsplus. This exclusive service will be offered at the offices of Malta Developers Association every Tuesday from 12.30pm to 3.00pm.

Kindly call on 2122 8184 to make an appointment.

718a8163-0c3d-4eed-b8a3-ebb39bfd751d logo

older news

MDA enters PPP with WSC to build solar farms

The Malta Developers Association has teamed up with the Water Services Corporation to set up a joint venture company, Malta Developers Green Energy Limited, that is to build a number of solar farms on the roofs of all the WSC’s reservoirs.

This public private partnership was officially formed on Monday, 3 April, 2017, in a ceremony at Castille presided by Minister Konrad Mizzi and involves both developers and those involved in the importation of photovoltaic panels. The Government will own 51% of the shares in the new company and the MDA the remaining 49% with the right to appoint the Chairperson.

Land over 13,000 m2 has been identified in Attard covering three reservoirs. The solar farms will generate around a megawatt of electricity, enough to power the houses of 400 families and will lower Malta’s carbon dioxide emissions by 20,000 tonnes.

MDA Hon Seretary Michael  Stivala is the Chairman of the new comany

MDA Hon Seretary Michael Stivala is the Chairman of the new company

Mr Stivala and WSC Chairman Mario Azzopardi exchange the MoU on the setting up of the new PPP company with Dr Mizzi and Mr Chetcuti applauding

Mr Stivala and WSC Chairman Mario Azzopardi exchange the MoU on the setting up of the new PPP company with Dr Mizzi and Mr Chetcuti applauding

Minister Konrad Mizzi delivering his address

Minister Konrad Mizzi delivering his address

MDA President Sandro Chetcuti delivering his address

MDA President Sandro Chetcuti delivering his address

MDA President Sandro Chetcuti.said he felt honoured that the MDA had obtained the results it has achieved thanks to a Government that listened to it and understood it, a Government that was truly pro-business.

“We have known for a long time what direction we should head, that is towards clean energy. Up to 2013, however, nothing was done since there was a lack of appetite and a lack of will to move on the right road,” Mr Chetcuti said “Now, thanks to the work and will shown by the Government at last we are on the right road.”

Dr Mizzi said this agreement will strengthen government policy on clean energy while enabling it to reach EU targets on renewable energy. Solar panel importers will be benefiting from the arrangement and WSC land will be put to a cleaner use.

The Government has worked unceasingly in the past four years so that the energy sector will progress. “We have put down the cost of water and electricity, closed the power station and introduced LNG,” Dr Mizzi said. “Now we are continuing to move in the direction of Europe, which puts renewable energy first followed by gas. We invested hugely, €33 million, in renewable energy”, it has already imported 85 MW of renewable solar energy and this agreement will continue to enlarge this sector.

5 April, 2017

———————

Sponsors

Platinum Sponsor

Motors Inc Iveco

Gold Sponsors